Eco Friendly Flowers
"The Earth Laughs in Flowers" – and we’d like to keep it that way!
At Terrafolia Flowers, we care about being socially and environmentally responsible. Our role in the floral supply chain is one we take seriously, that is why we strive to the highest standards when it comes to choosing our cut flowers and plants. Every effort is made to ensure that our products are purchased responsibly; whether locally grown, organic, fair trade or sustainably grown certified.
Our suppliers and wholesalers for our premium cut flowers and plants belong to the following programs:
As Canada’s largest importers of cut flowers, Sierra is particularly influential in this country. The Sierra Eco Label supports and markets the sale of flowers from socially and environmentally responsible farms. The Sierra Eco Label has as its guiding objectives to:
- Create awareness in the market of the social and environmental issues concerning flower growing
- Improve labor, social, health and safety standards in flower growing farms
- To help enforce environmental protection standards in flower growing farms
- Ensure an industry that is sustainable
To read more about the Sierra Eco Label program click here
VeriFlora is an agricultural sustainability certification and eco-labeling program recognized as the gold-standard in the floriculture and horticulture industries. The program is administered by Scientific Certification Systems (SCS), a global third-party certifier of environmental, sustainability and agricultural product quality claims. Accredited under ISO/IEC Guide 65, the international standard for third-party product certifiers, VeriFlora:
- Delivers tangible results that benefit growers, workers, consumers, the environment and the bottom-line
- Meets the growing consumer demand for sustainably grown cut flowers and potted plants
- Helps assure product quality and longevity
To read more about VeriFlora’s certification program click here